Friday, August 31, 2007

Write to Our Soldier!

The boys' regular babysitter, Natalie had her baby today! Nicolas James was born at 12:55 a.m. and weighed in at 6 pounds 3 ounces. So, I dropped by the hospital on my lunch break to pay the new baby and mom a visit. I don't think I've ever held a baby so tiny before! My boys were over two pounds heavier than this lil guy and every newborn I've ever visited has been a big baby too! (Jill, I can't even imagine how tiny Julia was at 3 pounds 12 ounces!) Anyways, they are all doing good. He is an absolute doll and they will all enjoy a long weekend together.

We had a good but what seemed like a busy week. Benjamin loves going over to Hunter and Jake's house and has been having a blast there. Phew. I was a lil stressed about this adjustment but all seems good. Today he was dirty from head to toe when I picked him up. They had been playing outside awhile and he definitely earned his bath. Hopefully, he'll sleep past 6:30 a.m. too!

Benjamin has been obsessed with Daddy-O's train table lately. It is something they love to admire together. Although it is a work in progress the train had been running when Don left. It has since derailed but recently I made an effort to get it back on track. Benjamin is fascinated with it and will just push it about a foot back and fourth for hours of entertainment. Tonight he actually asked me to take a picture of him with Daddy's train so we could send it to Daddy. Is this child getting used to having his photo taken daily or what?

Now, I would like to challenge each and every one of you...parents and kids alike, to sit down and write or draw Don, Uncle Don, Mr. Don, etc. a note or picture, postcard, photo, etc. I know you have all been meaning to. But I also don't think he's been receiving much mail (except from me and the boys, of course). Don't wait until Christmas. Please just take a few minutes... what else are you doing on this long holiday weekend of yours? And what better family project then to sit down together and think of something funny or just thoughtful to say to our favorite soldier! Reminisce about something, tell him what's going on in your life, what your favorite blog post has been, or just send him a recent photo, newspaper clipping or comic strip you enjoyed. I have e-mailed some of you his snail mail address but if I missed you and you'd like to send him a note please let me know. Thanks in advance for humoring me on this one!

No comments: