Saturday, September 15, 2007

Our Flatdaddy

We received our "flatdaddy" a few weeks ago. What is a flatdaddy you ask? Well, it's a life size photo of our Daddy-O! There is a link to the flatdaddy site on this blog (see links to the left). But it came in a tube all rolled up and I finally mounted our fatdaddy last night. Benjamin loves it! He was so excited to see his flatdaddy this morning. It was really cute. The dogs, on the other hand, were a lil concerned about this large object in our home. Not sure if they can actually recognize that it's their Daddy. But they sure were barking at the flatdaddy.

Anyways, as our flatdaddy becomes more a part of our everyday routine I'm sure more photos of us with our flatdaddy are sure to pop up on this blog.

Today Samuel started stirring at 6:30 a.m. but Benjamin slept until 7 a.m. My mom made us french toast which was a nice treat and Benjamin asked for seconds! We went to the Leesburg Corner Outlets today and arrived home around 2 p.m. for naps. Unfortunately, Samuel got just enough cat naps today that he felt quite rebellious and refused to take a nap. So, I got up with him while Benjamin, my mom and Harry were all napping and got some very enjoyable quality time with our lil guy. He's so stinkin funny these days. He is really on the move and has mastered sitting up. So, he scoots here and there then sits up. It's pretty fun to see. Then he kinda clasps his hands together and shakes them up and down (like in this photo at right). Not sure why he does that but I decided maybe he was trying to clap so now we all clap for him and he just lights up with a huge smile. When he gets that big smile I can't help but see his Daddy in him...I love it!

Today was a good day but I am not feeling 100% myself and am hoping it's just allergies so I'm going to cut this short and hope to be back blogging again soon.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Let there be no confusion: he is our FLATDADDY! not fatdaddy (at this point in time anyways!)