Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Labor Day

Yesterday I would have plenty to post a blog about but decided we were all better off if I didn't even get on the computer. I should have known when the bagel started on fire in the toaster yesterday morning that it wasn't going to be the best of days.

Nothing major happened but it was just a ho hum kinda day.

We didn't do too much of anything yesterday really. After a busy weekend it was just a day to catch up before we started another busy week. It was actually pretty nice to stay home all day although I didn't feel like I managed to get much accomplished.

The highlight of the day was that Don called in the morning and the boys and I all got to talk to him which was nice. We were actually e-mailing before he called and he typed "Are you at work?" Apparently, they didn't get Labor Day off there! He sounded good. He has been working very long hours sometimes working until midnight.

Last night after Benjamin went to bed, Samuel and I were getting a lil one-on-one time. He loves to be held up above my head and fly around like an airplane. So as I extended my arms to do this with him he spit up. The splat started at my nose, saturated my glasses then topped off in my hair. ugh. It was time for bed for him shortly after that incident.

I talked to my mom tonight. Her and Harry arrived safely in Massachusetts today. They will be there until next Tuesday when they make there way here. I'm starting a list of things they can hopefully help me do while they're here. Just lil stuff that's been challenging for me to tackle alone since Don's been gone.

Today I went back to work where we have been pretty busy lately. And after yesterdays ho hum kinda day I was kinda looking forward to heading to the office. Tomorrow I will be home with the boys and am looking forward to it. I made a list of tasks that I'm hoping to get done this week as well. We'll see how far we get with that tomorrow.

Well, my digital camera needs to be charged so no new pics to share tonight so I decided to post a photo which I think is pretty funny actually. This photo was taken earlier this summer when Don invited the boys and I to a small award ceremony for him. Samuel was screaming his head off through most of what the Admiral had to say and this photo just seems to capture that.

No comments: