Saturday, July 21, 2007

A Saturday at the Chapmans

Talked to Don last night. Benjamin got to talk to him which was good. I think he has really been missing him. Sometimes, when Benjamin seems rather inconsolable, I start talking to him about Daddy-O and all the fun things we have done together recently (our vacation to Virginia Beach, Great Wolf Lodge, the zoo, etc). It really seems to get his mind off of whatever it was at that moment that he was fussing about. Plus, he's been watching a lot of home videos from these events which keeps everything fresh in his mind. Anyways, he was really excited to talk to Daddy last night. It was cute. Makes me a bit emotional to hear him talk to Daddy. He really listens to him and tells him what's going on his lil world. Received an e-mail from Don today that said "I really enjoyed talking to Benjamin yesterday afternoon. That is the most he had to say on the phone that I remember." So, I think it made his day too.

Don should be leaving very soon. He has been working a lot and we haven't heard too much from him. Although, I have received a few e-mails this past week. He has been great about responding to my e-mails when I have a question or concern.

We had a good night last night. I worked yesterday and when we got home we had dinner then we were off to the playground nearby. Our neighbor, Katie, joined us which was nice. The weather has been beautiful... not so miserably hot or humid. This morning, we got up , I made french toast for Benjamin and I while Samuel slept until around 8 a.m. Then we were off to Wal-mart to stock up on formula and diapers. The new Target nearby is due to open by the end of this month. Benjamin and I can hardly wait! Every time we drive by he says "There's the new Target, Mommy! Can we go?"

Well, nothing too exciting to report here. But the day is only half over.

No comments: