Friday, July 27, 2007

Finally Friday...woop-tee-do!

There is a country radio station here that Don and I both listen to. On Friday mornings they always play this lil clip that goes..."Finally Friday....woop-tee-do!" Well, for awhile (when I was still working on Fridays) we would hear this in the morning periodically when our alarm clock would go off...and then it kind of became a lil saying in our house...you know what I'm talking about, Daddy-O! "Finally Friday...woop-tee-do!"

Well anyways, Don left a message on our answering machine yesterday. He called before we made it home from my work day and picking up the boys. It was great to hear his voice even if it was on the answering machine. We have a collection of messages from Daddy-O on the answering machine now and sometimes Benjamin and I play them just to hear Daddy's voice.

I received a couple of e-mails from Don....he says "Sleeping is OK. The sleep tent is air conditioned."

And he also said... "We have one or two training events per day. Sometimes in the morning, sometimes in the afternoon. They only last an hour or two, but the heat is so intense it is more than enough. Try to siesta in the afternoon. It is just too hot to do much."

The heat sounds exhausting to me. ugh. Hopefully he will adjust with time. Not sure if he will have the luxury of air conditioning at all once he gets to Iraq.

We had a good day today. The major excitement was that Dave, Nelly and their kids, Brooke and Reed came over with pizza tonight. We hadn't gotten together with them in what seems like ages so it was great catching up. I think Benjamin is getting used to having some serious "mommy time" at dinner though because he was really seeking my attention while we were trying to eat. Oh well.

They left around 8 p.m. and both the boys were asleep by 8:30 p.m. Our bedtime routine seems to be getting easier and easier. Of course, Samuel would prefer it if I would cradle and rock him until he fell asleep but I'm trying to get him used to falling asleep on his own. He doesn't really fuss too much, wears himself out and then usually passes out for the night. He's a good nighttime sleeper which I am very thankful for.

Benjamin had another excellent day of potty training today! No accidents two days in a row. And once he actually went up to the potty all by himself and went! I was soooo excited. And he did #2 twice without even a word of encouragement from me. Just a lot of praising and dancing afterwards. We celebrate every monumental occasion of this sort. I'm so proud of him. I think we might be on the final road of this journey. One can hope.

Samuel is really scooting. He gets up on all fours and kinda rocks. He definitely does NOT stay in one spot when I put him down. Today he fell asleep in his swing for the first time. He is so different from Benjamin at this age who had spent half his life in the swing by the time he turned 5 months. I think he looks like he's trying to talk to Daddy-O on a phone in this pic.

Harry is still in the hospital and last I heard he may be discharged tomorrow if all goes well. He has been running a low grade fever from time to time. They are still trying to figure what is causing some of his problems and are monitoring him on different meds. Mom says his spirits are up. So, that is good. We shall see what tomorrow brings.

Today I received my free packaging supplies from the US Postal Service. I strongly recommend ordering these if you intent to send Don a package. It's free, quick and so easy. And you can reorder time and time again. Not that you'd need to but I probably will! It includes all the forms necessary so they can be filled out before even going to the post office!

For more info here is the link:
https://hdusps.esecurecare.net/cgi-bin/hdusps.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=5961&p_created=1101136164&p_sid=HEQTsHHi&p_accessibility=0&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9OCZwX3Byb2RzPTE4LDg5JnBfY2F0cz0mcF9wdj0yLjg5JnBfY3Y9JnBfcGFnZT0x&p_li=&p_topview=1
or

The kit may be requested by calling 1-800-610-8734 (Packing Supply) and:
Choose your language (1 is English, 2 is Spanish).
Choose option 1 (it states it is for Express Mail® service, Priority Mail or Global Express Guaranteed®).
When you reach a live agent, request CAREKIT04.

No comments: