Tuesday, April 22, 2008

What a Difference a Year Makes

I just happened to be going through some photos on the computer today and found this photo dated April 22, 2007. So, here are our lil guys last year on this day versus this year on the same day! (Of course, last year the photo was taken right after church and today Samuel was already in his pjs before I even attempted taking this photo).

It's amazing how much they grow and change in a year... physically and personality wise as well. It was definitely much easier taking a photo of them when Samuel wasn't so mobile! Benjamin was practically wrestling him to get this photo (see photo attempts below).

They are both "ALL BOY". They love to wrestle around with each other which I did not expect already
at this age. Samuel is all about tackling his brother, literally
throwing himself on top of him. And they love to snuggle up in Benjamin's bed together and wrestle around. Benjamin often says "I know, Huggie, I know." (Yes, Benjamin still calls Samuel "Hug", "Huggie", "Huggie Dough", "Doughie" and I have no idea where this came from but it has stuck and so sometimes I find myself calling Samuel "Hug" or "Huggie Dough". Poor guy. I guess it could be worse. Benjamin also calls him "Jeffy" sometimes and I have absolutely no idea where that came from either). They are so fun though and really feed off of each other's laughter. I love it! I love them. And I can't wait for Don to be right there in the action wrestling around on the floor with them. As a Dad, that's his livelihood and I think Benjamin has already picked up on it and maybe that's why he is the way he is with Hug.

On another note, Don is traveling this week which generally means I don't hear from him for a few days via e-mail. Please keep him in your prayers. With so many praying friends and family, it is reassuring to know that God is watching over him (and us!)

No comments: