Monday, April 21, 2008

Fun in the Sun (and Rainy Days)



Last week the weather was beautiful. We took every opportunity we had to spend time outside. I've been meaning to post some photos and am just getting around to it now.

It has been raining since Friday night. Actually, it has been pouring and thunder and lightening. Along with us all spending more time inside than we had been recently our dogs are going stir crazy too.

Our dog Campbell is a bit spoiled and does not care to get his lovely paws wet. So, when it rains he refuses to go out in the backyard. Finally, last night at 11:30 p.m. he gave in and went outside! Hooray! I think he and I both felt better about that. Him for obvious reasons and me because I was trying to figure out how I was going to get out and walk him in the rain with the boys at home. ugh. No more worries. The rain has taken a break from time to time today and we actually managed to make it outside.


Unfortunately, my helper called this afternoon and said she wasn't feeling well so the anticipation of getting a few minutes to do things without interruptions and walk the dogs were lost. Bummer. I noticed it had stopped raining after dinner so I called my super neighbor Katie and asked if she was up to helping me walk the dogs and the boys. She's always game for my silly antics and met me outside. I think she enjoys the entertainment! The dogs did great and enjoyed every second of being outside of their small fenced yard. And Benjamin put on his puddle jumpers and set aim on the biggest puddles he could find. He had great fun and I just set aside any desires of interrupting him and planned on a bath afterwards.

Back to work tomorrow which is always something to look forward to by the time Monday night arrives.

No comments: