Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Help.

Today was a good day! Benjamin went to preschool with specific instructions NOT to roar at any of his classmates. (On Monday, the teachers told me he had been roaring and it was frightening some of the other children. ugh). So, my dragon did great and did not roar in class (although he did admit that he roared on the playground while they were playing Prince and Princess. He was the dragon, of course). When Miss Jenny brought him out to the car she said he had a great day and that he did NOT roar! Mission accomplished. phew.

Samuel and I made a trip to Target and Office Max while Benjamin was at preschool. We were in dire need of dogfood and a few other odds and ends. Samuel was a lil fussy during the shopping but refused to nap even though I lugged the stroller and shopping cart together through Target. He fell asleep as soon as we got back in the car.

Benjamin did NOT nap today (which is why he is in bed before 8 p.m.!)

I had a 14 year old girl come over this afternoon who will soon become my helper. She will be coming one afternoon a week to start. Please pray that this will all work out for us. I met her and her mom today and they both seemed great. She has a year of babysitting experience and a few other families she babysits for regularly. She won't quite be a babysitter to start off with. I will be here while she is here (with the exception of maybe walking the dogs around the neighborhood). She will be here to play with the boys, go for walks with us to the playground and with the dogs, go to dinner and shopping with us from time to time and eventually go to the pool with us too! Eventually, I hope it works out that we're all comfortable enough that I can run out and run some errands (alone) from time to time too.

Benjamin was so excited to meet his "new friend", as we called her, that he couldn't nap. He laid in bed for at least an hour. At one point I checked on him and he said "Is my new friend here yet?" I told him I would wake him up before she arrived but that didn't even work. He was just too anxious apparently! About every 10 minutes I kept hearing "Can I come downstairs now, Mommy?" (When she comes on Monday I will NOT let him know that she's coming before naptime. It will be a total surprise). Our home was unusually quiet when she and her mother arrived today. Benjamin was playing with Playdough and Samuel was taking an unusually late nap (because he didn't nap good earlier). So, they didn't get to meet Samuel and see how chaotic and loud it really can get but I'm sure she will not be too surprised since she does babysit for other families (right? hmmm).

Anyways, I'm on cloud nine about this right now. I feel like there is a lil light at the end of the tunnel. Not that life has been dark or gloomy. I just have had a lot of lil things I'd like to do and never seem to have the time. So, now I will make a list and be ready to get a few things done on Monday when help arrives!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you liked your new helper! Hopefully everything will work out. Every Mom needs a little help and time alone, even if that time is used to do the daily errands...time alone is time alone. I will definitely be praying that this whole situation works and becomes what you want it to.