Friday, October 5, 2007

The Search for the Great Pumpkin Stuff

Tonight I really appreciate the efforts of something that is one of Don's jobs at home... getting out the Halloween stuff! The worst part about our townhome is the lack of storage and we are filling up every nook and cranny.

One of our major storage areas is under a staircase which conveniently is attached to our coat closet. But it is very full. Mostly Christmas decorations but there is an assortment of other holiday items there too... like Halloween stuff. So, I decided it was time to dig in and see what I could find. ugh. Unfortunately, the two containers of Halloween stuff were somewhat towards the back of this storage area. I had to take out about 5 good size storage containers and our Christmas tree box in order to get to it. But I was steadfast and determined (I have an eager three year old who is ecstatic about every pumpkin, bat, ghost, bones, etc. that we come across). So, it's now out of the storage area and tomorrow we will spend some time digging through some of our finds.


After work today our evening just seemed to race by (as it often does). Samuel is really on the go these days. He is cruising all over our house. He pulls up on everything or attempts to anyways. He's definitely earning his share of bumps and bruises. But his look of satisfaction on his face is priceless when he pulls up onto something successfully or when he makes it from one object to another without falling. He's a smile a minute until he kabooms! then he shrieks so bad that no sound actually comes out for about 3 seconds. But he doesn't cry long before he's up and onto finding something new to explore.

I have another cold or something. I was just finally on the mend from that nasty chest cold that lingered for about 3 weeks. And now I have a head cold. I don't feel too miserable. But everyone I talk to says "Are you sick?" or something to that affect. I sound like I may have been smoking six packs a day for the past 20 years. (No, I don't smoke).

Still haven't heard from Don in awhile. This is the longest we've gone without any communication. Although, Benj did receive a post card in the mail from Daddy-O the other day! I'm thinking that maybe their Internet went down or maybe he's traveling and forgot to mention it to me. Whatever the case, the boys and I are praying frequently and looking forward to hearing from him soon.

No comments: