Monday, October 15, 2007

Our Trip to Pumpkinville

Today was Benjamin's first field trip with preschool. We went to Pumpkinville in nearby Leesburg. Samuel had another rough night and I started my day around 5:30 a.m. with Samuel then as soon as I got him back to sleep around 6:30 a.m. Benjamin climbed in bed with me. I was so happy Benjamin slept until 6:30 a.m. because I dreaded the idea of taking him to the field trip after an early start. But 6:30 a.m. I could deal with.

Pumpkinville was great fun. We went on a hayride with his entire class (pictured below...10 kids, Miss Jenny on the hayride and Miss Tracie on the haystack), then Benjamin went on a bunch of slides and mounbounces, fed some farm animals, etc. It was really a nice day. Unfortunately, I'm a lil crabby and easily irritated these days so I probably wasn't in the best mood for the day but we had fun nonetheless. The worst part of the field trip, besides the nasty port-a-potties (no fun with lil ones who have just become potty trained) was that Benjamin got a splinter (most likely from a seesaw he was on).

On the way home I managed to keep Benjamin awake and thought he'd crash immediately after his lunch. No luck. Both he and Samuel fought their afternoon naps. So, after about an hour or so of battling the two of them trying to get them down and trying to catch a nap myself, I gave up. We made arrangements to go with Cheryl and her lil one, Hannah, up to the neighborhood school bus stop so we could see the school bus and greet Abby. Benjamin loves school buses and we often talk about how Abby gets to ride the school bus now that she's in kindergarten. After all that excitement we spent some time with them at the playground where Samuel managed to fall asleep in his stroller for probably about an hour. Phew. At least someone napped today!

Benjamin received a birthday gift from Aunt Nancy, Uncle Boomer and cousins in the mail this afternoon and had a ball unwrapping gifts and playing with some new toys. (Late birthday presents are underrated!) The box the presents came in was a huge hit with Samuel. He sat in there for awhile playing around while Benjamin unwrapped presents.

Soon after dinner it was bath time and the battle of getting the splinter out began. He won. The splinter remains. I tried my hardest (this was always Daddy's chore and it's times like this that I'm missing him immensely). Perhaps tomorrow when I take him to Ms. Rie's house she can help get it out or help restrain him. ugh.

Well, I'm exhausted and have a bunch to do tonight before I head to bed. Please pray for the Lord to continue to give me strength each day and for all our battles with coughs and colds, teething and restless nights to come to end. And as always, please pray for our Daddy-O! He will be here for his R&R in one month! We can hardly wait, Daddy-O!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that looks like a big box did samual get lost

love
matthew