Sunday, February 3, 2008

Superbowl Sunday

I type this as the Superbowl wraps up. We spent the first half of the game at a family from church's house. It seemed as if it was just yesterday that Don, Benjamin and I were at that same
Superbowl party and I was pregnant and due with Samuel any time. Has it been a year already?

Well, we had a nice and busy weekend. Yesterday we went to a new place in town called Sports Bounce. It is a warehouse type building full of moonbounces. Benjamin was invited to a friend's birthday party. He had an absoulte blast! And as we left the partyhe said "Mom, that was so fun!"

Both boys got wore out at Sports Bounce. Benjamin on all the moonbounces and inflatable slides and Samuel just running around the huge place and chasing after some basketballs there. The boy is so content if he has a ball to chase, bounce or throw.


Today we went to church then Benjamin took a three hour nap. It was awesome. Once he woke up I called our lovely neighbor, Katie, and she joined us in a walk around the neighborhood. The dogs loved it as did the boys and I. It was a delightful weekend weather wise. Very off season temperatures in the 50s and it's supposed to last awhile!


Shortly after our walk, we came in and got ready to go to the Superbowl party. We had a nice time and were home just in time for bed.


A busy weekend really helps time pass. It makes me so glad the boys are over their colds and that we're able to get out and do things again. With all the runny noses and sickies that went around our house over the past month it really made the month of January drag on and on. I'm so happy to be welcoming the month of February!


We didn't hear from Don this weekend. I know he was having Internet issues so perhaps that is why. Sunday is one of the days I look forward to because we have gotten used to getting phone calls from Daddy-O on Sundays. But not this Sunday. hmm. I was a little surprised not to hear from him. I was glad we kept busy and didn't have much time to dwell on missing him. Please keep him in your prayers.

No comments: