Sunday, February 17, 2008

Our Not Too Exciting Weekend

Nothing too exciting to report this weekend.

Saturday morning we got up and I called Nelly to see if her and her two little ones were interested in joining us in an outing. We ventured out to the mall with 4 kids which were 3 years old and under. Quite an adventure, as you might imagine. But overall a pretty good day. We finally managed to get Benjamin's haircut which was a sweet victory in itself. He did awesome. No tears, no screams, barely a peep actually. Of course, I promised him a ride on the train in the mall and a blue lollipop. So, all was good in his world. Next thing we knew the hair was cut and Nelly and I and the four kids were packed into the blue car of the mall train.

We got home around 2 p.m. Just in time for naps. However, Samuel had fallen asleep during the mall train ride and slept for the rest of our stay at the mall. So, he apparently, figured this nap was suffencient enough for him for the day. Oh well. I keep reminding myself that he is a great night time sleeper. So much for naps.

Our big success story for the week is that Samuel is no longer taking a bottle! I found the sippy cup of his dreams and he is content. Phew. I didn't think we'd ever hit this milestone. Apparently, he prefers the handled sippy cup by Nuby. Who knew? Well, I have been feeling pretty good about that accomplishment. And no more formula either! He's officially on whole milk and doing great with it. He is trying lots of new foods these days too and tonight he ate chicken noodle soup with me while Benjamin opted for a hot dog after trying the soup. (At this point, my rule is that they have to try new things but if it doesn't work out then we move on. I don't want a hungry child up at 5 a.m. because he didn't like the strange new concoction that was put in front of him the night before).

Today we made it to Sunday school and church then all managed to get naps. I'm starting to feel a lil raspy and a bit under the weather so a nap was definitely in order today. Samuel and I only managed to get about an hour worth of nap but I was happy to have that. We made a trip to Target this afternoon and our neighbor Katie joined us. Extra hands on shopping trips like that make life easier. Then we stopped off at a smoothie shop to pick up some smoothies before heading home.

All and all a pretty uneventful weekend. Unfortunately, no call from Don. Actually, no e-mails since Thursday either. Maybe they're having Internet issues. I hope to hear from him soon.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Way to go Samuel! That is wonderful about being off bottles. That was a glorious day for us too!

I am envious of Benjamin being so good for his haircuts. I took my three boys in for their haircuts, and they all three were screaming the whole time....soo embarassing!!! You think Benjamin could have a little chat with my guys?? ;o)

I hope you get to hear from Don soon. That was a lovely Valentine's post!

Hugs,
Kelli