Thursday, June 5, 2008

Samuel and his Spoon

Samuel has learned a new trick!

He is now feeding himself from a spoon. He is doing pretty well with it. His hand-eye coordination has always amazed me so I guess it should be no surprise to me that he can get that spoon in his mouth so well (especially with his love for food!). He's a bit messy, of course, but with lots of practice he should be good at this in no time at all. I managed to capture these photos of Samuel on Monday, enjoying his yogurt, which he absolutely loves.

On another note, Don is doing well! We are down to about 4 months left before he returns and I feel a sense of relief that the end seems somewhat in sight. He e-mailed the other day that it was 119 degrees there. Hot. Darn hot.

If you are sending a package please keep that in mind and don't send anything that could melt or that doesn't take to heat well. And, if you haven't sent a card, letter or package but have been meaning to please do! Even though we have begun our countdown, I'm sure he would love to receive mail. We've been so busy lately that I'm sure his mail flow has slowed down a bit but I always try to have something in the mail for him (as soon as he receives something I try to drop him a postcard, letter or just pictures of the boys). And he's been great about sending the boys postcards. We have quite a nice collection of postcards from Daddy-O. All tucked into a photo album so we can see all the cool postcards of army vehicles, airplanes, etc. that he sends.

No comments: