Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

The phone rang around 7:30 a.m. this morning and I could tell it was Daddy-O! The boys and I were eating breakfast and Benjamin and I were talking about what he could tell Daddy today when he called.

Benjamin answered the phone, "Happy Father's Day!" He was, as usual, excited to hear from Daddy. They talked for awhile and Benjamin asked him if he got his card "The one with the blue stripe because I know blue is your favorite color, Daddy." Daddy hadn't received it yet but now he knows what to look for! I had asked Benjamin to draw a picture on the envelop of the card he was mailing Daddy and that's just what he drew, a blue stripe.

Unfortunately, Father's Day just kind of crept up on me this year. There is stuff in route to Don. But Don was so good about Mother's Day and sending cards and a present early... I slipped up. Oops. Well, in due time he will be receiving the photo I took last week of the boys (top photo above) framed as well as a couple other goodies.

I did sent him an e-mail last night though so he had it this morning when he got to his computer. I admire him so much as a father to our boys and I feel so blessed that he is the man God gave me to be their Daddy. I long for the day he can once again share in their laughter and smiles and I can only imagine how they will glow with delight in having their Daddy home to wrestle around with them.

I tried to capture a picture of Benjamin and Samuel together today after church. Easier said than done these days! I got a couple of photos of them being silly together then a couple of cute ones of them individually.


Happy Father's Day, Daddy-O! You are a wonderful Daddy, husband, and best friend. You are our hero! We love you!

No comments: