Friday, October 24, 2008

The Little Things

What a week it's been! We have enjoyed sharing all the little things with each other again...

At mealtime we pray and hold hands around the table. We have always done this; however, in Don's absence our circle didn't quite make it around the table and I would just hold one of each of the boys hands while we prayed. Now Samuel lights up as he grabs two hands during prayer time and he holds on throughout the prayer. It's just so sweet to see something so simple bring a sly little smile to his face.

Samuel was also totally fascinated with Don's dog tags the other day and I took several photos of him while he was playing with them.

The boys have been really playing hard with Daddy. They love to wrestle around and really love it when Daddy-O tosses them in the air. The first time Samuel saw Daddy throwing Benjamin up into the air and catching him Samuel ran up to Don and wrapped his arms around his legs as if to say, "I'm next, Daddy!"

Don has gone into the office a couple of times this week but had a pretty easy week getting back into the swing of things. Today he had the day off but I took the boys to Natalie's and came into work. This allowed Don to get a few things done around the house. This afternoon he picked up Benjamin and his best buddy, Jack and took them to the movies to see "Beverly Hills Chihuahua." Don had never taken Benjamin to the movies before and this was Jack's first movie. It sounds like a good time was had by all.

And I have been enjoying having two extra hands around the house! Life is so much less stressful.

Even taking Benjamin (by himself) to the grocery store was a treat. He was well behaved and as we approached the checkout I told him he was a good helper. And he said "Mommy, you didn't yell at me." My heart sunk a bit when he said that. I'm sure in my rushing around I have been harder on him than I would like to be but I really won't say I "yell" at him a lot. He has a different perspective though.

The boys bedtime has also been great! It's so nice to have Daddy there to read stories and actually enjoy that quieting down time. ahhh. Life is good.

No comments: