Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Back in the USA

Don called this morning around 6:45 a.m. He was in Rockford, Illinois... his first stop back in the USA! He said they had a few stops and it was a long flight but he was able to sleep a bit.
Don also said as they got off the plane in Illinois they were greeted by some vets that were handing out cell phones for them to use. (Thank you to all those volunteers! It was only 5:45 a.m. there and I was thankful for the phone call).

We spoke briefly and I was thrilled to hear that he was back in country. Benjamin spoke to him too. "Daddy! I'll see you in 3 more days!" And they chatted away for a few minutes before we all said good-bye.

By now, I'm sure he's at Fort Lewis, Washington and we look forward to reuniting with him at the end of this week!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

YAY!!!

Kelli said...

YAY!!! I am so happy to hear that Don is back safely in the USA! I will be thinking of you all end of the week. Your hubby is such an amazing hero!

BIG HUGS,
Kelli