Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Daddy-O!

Today is Don's birthday! I asked him to call home today so we could talk to him on his day. So, he called at lunchtime (here) and he sounded good.

He said it was announced at his morning meeting that it was his birthday. And the notes from the meeting were e-mailed out throughout other offices on base so he was receiving well wishes from comrades as well as many of our family and friends here.

They also had a pizza party for him, as well as a co-worker, at lunch. He said they gave him a gift which was a TIME Magazine cover with a picture of him in front of an armored vehicle on it.
I told Benjamin about Daddy-O having a pizza party at work and he said "I wanted him to have a Race Car party!"

Well, on Don's birthday and always I am so thankful to have him as my husband, as the father to our children, and as my best friend.

Looking forward to that Race Car Party upon his return!

Thank you to everyone who sent Don well wishes on his birthday.

No comments: