Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Daddy-O Is Home

Well, Daddy-O made it home Saturday the 17th around noon and we have been having a great time.

I have had several people ask me what Benjamin's first reaction was. First let me say that Don called at 8 a.m. that morning and spoke to both Benjamin and I and told us he'd be taking the 10 a.m. flight out of Atlanta. Benjamin drove me nuts about it all morning. He just could not wait to go to the airport! I had a few things I really needed to pick up at Target so I said to Benjamin, "Let's go to Target then we'll go to the airport." and his response was "Let's go to the airport first." (Of course, Daddy wasn't due in for hours at that point). We ended up not going to Target because I figured he would make that experience miserable by just wanting to get to the airport. He was so stinkin excited. We all were.
So, we got to the airport a lil early, picked up some fruit smoothies from the airport Starbucks, fed Samuel a couple containers of baby food and waited for Daddy-O by the baggage claim. I started to notice people trickling over to the baggage claim from down a ways so we headed that way. When I spotted Daddy-O I let Benjamin out of the stroller and he headed straight for Daddy. I wasn't sure if he'd be shy or not and he was not one bit. Don lifted him up and did what they call a "rocket ship". Benjamin has been talking about Daddy giving him a "rocket ship" for months. I teared up a bit and when Don saw me he asked if I had been crying. "Not until Benjamin saw you." was my response.

Being the camera obsessed Mom that I am I took a few photos at the airport and I'm sure you'll agree that Benjamin was smiling from ear to ear. Such a genuine happy smile. (Unfortunately, the lighting was really bad in the airport and the pics didn't turn out too well).

Of course Daddy was as equally excited to see Samuel and I. And we have been having a great visit ever since. I could go on and on about every lil thing we've done but the fact is that it's getting late and my hubby just went to bed. So, I'm going to get off this blasted computer where it is quite cold and go snuggle up in our warm toasty bed... with my husband.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Don made it home okay and that you have been too busy to blog. Glad you guys are having fun! Keep it up!

Miss you gouys!

Love you guys!

Gloria

Kristin said...

So happy to hear Don is home and you're having a great visit!! I look forward to hearing about it!

Kristin B.

Anonymous said...

Glad to read Don made it home safe. I sure can tell by that smile that Benjamin was thrilled. I've been going to your Blog waiting to hear how everything was going but also realizing how busy and how much fun you must be having. Enjoy each and every moment.
Love, Aunt Shirl

Unknown said...

10 days you made us loyal blog readers wait! I have been looking at the blog every day to hear about the happy reunion at the airport. Finally!

Love ya

Me