Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Strassenbahn in Heidelberg

I took this picture of a street car or Strassenbahn in downtown Heidelberg a couple of months ago and I am finally getting around to posting it.

Not all of the street cars are this colorful but there are other ones painted uniquely as well. This one, however, is one of my favorites. The street cars are well woven throughout Heidelberg and are a great source of public transportation for a minimal cost. We have only used them a handful of times at this point but the kids love it and there is a stop in walking distance to our house.

I think the kids are getting used to seeing the street cars on a daily basis. They used to point them out when we first arrived and now, as we see them so frequently, they rarely comment on them.

When we do have visitors I'm sure we will be using the strassenbahn a lot as it is the best way to get around in the area without having to worry about parking our big old beast of a vehicle!


No comments: