Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Brotherly Love


Moving to Germany has really opened my eyes to what great friends my boys are to each other. We haven't had many toys for the boys to play with the past month and a half but they continue to amaze me by what they come up with to entertain themselves with. They invented a game they call "Slippery Socks" and that's just them running around the place, acting silly and sliding around on their "slippery socks." So, I often hear them saying "Wanna play Slippery Socks?" to each other. They also love to rearrange the borrowed furniture and come up with new ways to entertain themselves just by pushing the chairs together (like in the posted photo). One day I noticed them being awfully quiet which always makes me suspicious so I headed back to one of the bedrooms to see just what they were up to. I heard a lot of giggling once I got closer but my boys were out of sight. I opened the closet door in one of the bedrooms and there I found two lil boys coiled up like snakes in shelves in the closet... just giggling away with excitement at their new found hiding spots.



All in all, they get along
great... they entertain each other and they love to laugh, be silly, hug on each other and tell
each other that they love one another... BUT they do have their moments... like any brothers. There is usually not a day that goes by that I don't hear Samuel crying and banging on the bedroom door because his big brother is declaring that he wants to play by himself. Then a
fiasco usually ensues and Samuel starts swinging... and Benjamin starts swinging... more crying, etc. Such is life with boys! Overall, I cannot imagine making this move to Germany with them not having one another to entertain each other, wrestle with and laugh with.

And now they are working on that everlasting bond with their little sister.
As I often find them confessing their love to her, singing her songs, giving her bottles, dangling toys in her face, etc. At the end of
the day, their love for one another and their love for life makes being their parent so rewarding.






No comments: