Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Weekend Away

This past weekend I went to Breckenridge, Colorado, to visit with some of my best girl friends from high school. We planned this girls' trip before Don was even back from Iraq and I have been looking forward to it for a long time!

We went skiing, snowshoeing, had a Hawaiian themed party, and got massages. Overall, it was a great trip even though we eventually nicknamed the trip "Breckenridge Bootcamp" due to the fact that Lea Ann, who lives there had some pretty intense activities planned for us. I loved seeing my long-time friends and catching up with them. On several occasions I laughed until I cried. We made some memories that will last a lifetime and we enjoyed chatting about anything and everything (without any kids interruptions!).

All was good at home until Sunday afternoon. Don called and they all had the stomach flu. Don was miserable and he and Benjamin stayed up much of that night with their heads in buckets. Part of me didn't want to return! But the other part of me couldn't wait to get home and help, nurture and love my family!

I returned late Monday and everyone was in bed for the night. Things were better by then and we all took it easy Tuesday and caught up on some household chores. The best part was when the boys woke up Tuesday morning and realized I was home. They were ecstatic. I loved it! I wished I could pack some of that excitement away and keep it for a rainy day. But I just enjoyed the moment and love being back home with my boys-- who I'm happy to report are all feeling better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!

Glad to hear the boys are feeling better!

See you soon!

Miss you!

Love you!

Gloria

Kristin said...

Wow, looks like it was an awesome time!! I'm jealous - I wanna go! :) The slopes look beautiful!