Wednesday, March 26, 2008

St. Patty's Day

Well, may of you may see this photo and think 'What the heck is that Polish boy doing wearing that 'Kiss Me I'm Irish' shirt?" He has 3 excuses:
1. He is a tad bit Irish on his Daddy-O's side
2. The shirt was a hand-me-down from the O'Neill boys and
3. Everyone is a lil Irish on St. Patty's Day!

I know St. Patrick's Day is well over but since it's still March, I wanted to share one quick story before even more time goes by...

The week before St. Patrick's Day Benjamin's class had a leprechaun visit his classroom. (Apparently, he came by before St. Patty's Day since they were on spring break on the 17th). Well, that day after school Benjamin was telling me all about this leprechaun that visited his classroom while they were in music class. He sounded like a mischievous lil guy and Benjamin told me very matter of factly that he left "a trail of foot prints and pee." hmm. "Pee? Are you sure it wasn't gold dust?" This really spiked my curiosity but I didn't want to sound like a maniac mother calling his preschool to find out what he was talking about so I just went along with it. And I asked Miss Natalie who's son, Jack (Benjamin's best buddy), also goes to the same preschool if he had the same account of the leprechaun. Sure enough! Jack confirmed that the lil green guy left "footprints and green pee in the potty but forgot to flush." Ah. The stories meshed and Jack even gave more details! I was glad to hear that the green leprechaun pee was in the potty and not a trail along the footprints like I originally imagined. Besides the leprechaun leaving a big mess with pots of gold for the kids he also left them a lil surprise in the potty! Very interesting twist to St. Patty's Day.

Not sure why I felt the need to share that all with you except that I found it rather entertaining at the time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with a polish boy wearing an Irish shirt.

Gloria