Friday, May 6, 2011

Benjamin at 6 AND a half!

I took a few snapshots of Benjamin the other day while we were at Samuel's soccer game... I just thought I'd post a few of our handsome 6 1/2 year old (and if you've ever had a 6 1/2 year old then YOU know you can't forget that 1/2!)

Benjamin continues to amaze us with his young mind. He truly enjoys school and is soaking up so much on a daily basis in kindergarten. He seems to remember everything and he comes home from school so happy and willing to share all the new facts he's learned.

He has an awesome Spanish teacher who has sparked an interest in not only the Spanish language but also the hispanic culture and history. He was excited to tell about Cinco de Mayo and the significance of Mexico beating the French.
He has also learned lots of songs in Spanish this year and this coming Friday the parents have been invited to Spanish class for a special program. And, after attending his Spanish Christmas program, I'm looking forward to this upcoming program. They dance, they sing... who knew learning Spanish could be SO MUCH FUN!

He also LOVES to sing and has such a joyful spirit. Some of his current favorite songs to belt out at any given time are "We Will Rock You," "Walkin on Sunshine," "Summer of '69," and his all time fav, "Eye of the Tiger."

We adore our lil man so much and could go on and on about him but I will restrain and leave it at that for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi from Grandma, I can't believe how much Benjamin looks like me when I was six. Freckles and all.I shall find the picture of myself that he reminds me of. MOM

Anonymous said...

Benjamin,
Your hair looks just like Justin Bieber!!! I love it!!!

Love, Ellerbee
Miss you all can't wait to see you soon, 1 month from today!! <3 :D

Unknown said...

I think he looks a lot like uncle Tim when he was younger, like 41 or so, oh wait that was just last week. I mean when he was 6 and a half...

Love Ya

Uncle Kenny.