Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

Today was a nice day... not unlike many other Sunday's at the Chapman home. Although, the boys woke up just shy of 6 a.m. which was a bit too early for any of us. ugh.

Don managed to get up with them while I tried to get a touch more sleep with a pillow over my head to muffle out the early morning energy that the lil men in my house exert. Then Samuel came up and said "muffins!" then he grabbed a hold of my shirt sleeve and said "go." He is a man of few words but determined to get his point across and at this point he was not letting me slip back into my sleepy state. So, up it was. My hopes and dreams of getting to sleep until 8 a.m. yet again shattered. Someday... like when they're teenagers, we'll see who wants to be awake that early.

At breakfast the boys presented me with homemade cards (which Daddy had crafted with them yesterday!) as well as a new digital camera! I have been wanting this camera for a long time so I am absolutely thrilled. As I learn how to use it I'm sure the blog will be flooded with lots of photos! (But for today it remains in the box... hopefully, tomorrow it will be charged and ready for action).

We had a nice morning at church where all the ladies received a flowering begonia. Samuel was so proud of the begonia. He didn't let it out of his sights... or hands for that matter, until we made it into the house. We will plant it together this week.

We had gone out to dinner last night with some good friends and I really wasn't too thrilled about going out to eat again (Mother's Day or not) so we ended up playing it low key around the house today and enjoying some much needed nap time as well as some outdoor time.



I am so thankful for the wonderful women I have been fortunate enough to have in my life through the years... my mother, my mother-in-law, my grandma, my sister-in-laws, my aunts, cousins, friends, etc. I have been so blessed in so many ways to have strong women in my life who have given me guidance over the years and help me become the woman and mother I am. Happy Mother's Day to all you women!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Yay for the new camera! I know you are excited about that!!